Saturday, March 8, 2008

The things left behind

So with all of this talk about joining the Marines I have just realized I have to give up another thing that and will almost be as hard to give up as the girls, it‘s raising animals. It sounds lame but I wanted to start breeding reptiles for fun. There is some money in it, but I would mainly do it for the love of the animals. There is something about these little critters that bring enjoyment in just having around them around. My normal day totally revolves around feeding and the general care taking for them (2 roach colonies 5 mice colonies 1 rat colony 1 savannah monitor 1 bearded dragon and an iguana and a few more to come). It sounds like a lot but it really isn’t that bad if you enjoy doing it. I have actually applied for a part time job in the animal dept. in the local pet store on top of the part time job I already have in the cafeteria, because I like taking care of animals that much. But none the less I am totally committed to joining the Marine Corps. I feel that even though I with miss having pets (they are not allowed in the barracks) the Marines is the best choice for my future. Maybe after I will continue will this idea if I’m still interested in the hobby.

sorry the post is late my Internet is lame and is completely undependable

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

BWD--

It sounds like you are a fan of some animals that some people might consider "icky" or "creepy." Is there something to the "ick" factor of these animals that spikes your interest?

Where are your pictures and links?