Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sanity

So coming to the realization that I might not pass my SOC 410 I am mentally preparing for moving back home. It’s been over a year since being under my parent’s roof, and they will have some control over me again. I’m not exactly ready for it because I have realized that living away from them made our relationship stronger, but even when I go to visit for a weekend enough is enough. So then I head back to little Newark, my peaceful place. As much as I complain about being stuck in this shanty town it has grown on me. When I move back I have to find homes for all of my pets that I have, get a” real job” not the cafeteria, and get my license back. Because if I have to deal with my family for too long I’ll be so crazy the Marines won’t even want me.

Good news is that if I move back home nothing will be in my way of being a Marine, because if I don’t have the stress of school on shoulders I will be do anything necessary. Also the “real job” I will obtain will be a union commercial insulating job that starts at $11 an hour. My parents have been pushing this job on me since I said that I’m going to join. But even now I’m trying my hardest to pull this off and keep my pets and my sanity.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Paul--

Your writing, when you allow yourself time to write, can be effortless to follow. That is to say that you have a nice sense of style that can be conversational and yet sophisticated at the same time. I encourage you to keep exercising your writing muscles.