Monday, January 7, 2008

Joining

I have a lot to do before I join for example I have to be off probation which creates a whole new problem. The process of getting off probation includes paying my fines which currently is about $7800 so I'm going to take out a student loan while I'm still a student for $10,000. So I'm stressed about this; who knew it would so hard to join the armed forces. With that said I also have a waiver that holds me back from me doing the jobs that I would like to do like Special Forces. I wanted to be force recon more than anything, but due to my stupidity as a minor I now have to pay the consequences. I also don't receive any incentives such as enlistment bonuses because of the waiver. I really have my mind set on this, even without those things or my parents support.
My workout is broken down a little differently than a normal poolee (a marine recruit waiting for boot camp) might do it. I’m determined to get a perfect 300 on the PFT (physical fitness test). With my major in college being exercise science and being a wanna be body builder I know a thing or two about working out. My work out is for now heavy lifting because I need to be able to do twenty pull ups for a perfect PFT among other things. Also in boot camp a lot a brute strength is needed for things like being able to pick up and fire man carry a fellow recruit and his M16 in the allowed time. I also know that I have some time before I have to condition my body for all of the running. Later in the following months I am going to work myself up to run over ten miles so boot camps eight mile hump will be no problem.

2 comments:

JKA said...

It sounds like you're putting yourself through boot camp even before you get to boot camp. But, I expect it will pay off. I've always enjoyed weightlifting, but I hate to run. Ten miles sounds like a very long jog. Very impressive.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Bigwetdirt--

Okay, good. However, you need to recognize the need for paragraph breaks and transition in the future. Good stuff, though.

5/5