Friday, January 4, 2008

Me

I am a male student at OSU Newark but have recently realized that I want to join the USMC (United States Marine Corps). In the last month I have been conditioning myself for the physical aspect of boot camp and the Marine life style. The mental side I think will be much harder, because it fascinates me to see how far a human can be pushed before giving up, I can’t wait to push myself farther than I have ever been pushed. The people I look up to are oddly enough my ex-girlfriends dad and my friend Joe who are both Marines. Charles my ex-girlfriend’s father is an O-5 Lieutenant Colonel which is a high ranking officer is one hell of a marine and is now in Germany at an Army Base one of six marines to say he got that job is amazing, but now he has been promoted to the Commander of the African Continent which means all of the guards (marines)at the US embassy's he is now in charge of. To get that job he has just received only 18% of the marines that qualify are even looked at so to say he made the cut is remarkable. I have nothing but respect for him and hope one day I can amount to what he is. If you have any interest in the Marines as a civilian or as a poolee this might be something you may want to read

3 comments:

Cap'n Fatback said...

This will proabably be an interesting journal indeed, Paul.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, personally I don't have an interest in the Marines but however my grandpa was a Marine. My Grandpa was always telling me stories about when he was in the war and the people that he met. But personally I admire the people who want to push themselves and to serve our country. USA!

ssr said...

I'd be curious to hear about your daily training regimen. Is this something the Marine corps. provides in preparation of boot camp? Best of luck and I look forward to future posts!